High Performance 10/25/40/50/100G Top of Rack Ethernet Switch
- Non-blocking cut-through switching fabric
- Easy Scale from one to thousands of nodes and switches
- Arranged and Organized Data Center
- Support speeds of 10/25/40/50/100GbE
- Easy deployment
- Easy maintenance
- Unprecedented performance
- Line rate performance on all ports at all packet sizes
- Storage and server application run faster
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) support
- Running Broadcom FASTPATH®, alternative operating systems over ONIE
- IPMI 2.0 compliant hardware management function
The Advantech Networking ESP-9223 is a high-performance, power-efficient, 100Gbps Top-of-Rack (TOR) switch designed for data center use. The ESP-9223 delivers line-rate L2 and L3 forwarding capacity on all ports in this compact, 1-rack-unit (1U) model. The ESP-9223 is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) which supports installation of compatible NOS, including Open Network Linux and commercial offerings. The Advantech Networking ESP-9223 is a Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable (QSFP) switch with 32 QSFP28 ports. Each QSFP28 port can operate at 10, 25, 40, 50, and 100 Gbps, up to a maximum of 128 x 25-Gbps ports.
While running with a powerful x86-based processor, this system is not only the highest performing switch fabric element, but also has the ability to a Linux running server into the same device.
Including the ONIE software offering, the ESP-9223 has three software offerings in total to fulfill different customer applications. Details are below.
- Powered by the Broadcom OF-DPA pipeline, the ESP-9223 becomes a 3.2T OpenFlow switch plus a high-end NFV computer platform in a single 1U device. The Broadcom switch silicon, managed by the OpenFlow protocol for the Broadcom OF-DPA, provides full line rate switching across all ports.
- With the Broadcom FASTPATH®, the ESP-9223 helps users achieve quick time-to-market for new Ethernet products. FASTPATH operates on the Linux operating system and supports numerous industry RFCs, standards and protocols, like L2 and L3 Ethernet switching, and routing protocols.
- Loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), the ESP-9223 supports the installation of compatible independent switchOS offerings.
The ESP-9223 supports the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero touch installation of network operating systems.
|ESP-9223||High Performance 10/25/40/50/100G Top of Rack Ethernet Switch|
|Processor, Memory and Switch||Processor||Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1548|
|Flash Memory||2 x 1Gbit SPI Flash|
|Max DDR4 DIMM#||2 x DDR SO-DIMM, up to 32GB|
|Ethernet Switch||Broadcom StrataXGS® Tomahawk BCM56960|
|Ethernet I/O||Fibre Version||32 x 100GbE QSFP28/ 64x 50GbE/ 32x40GbE/ 128x 25-GbE/ 128x 10-GbE|
|2 x 10GbE SFP+|
|Management I/O||Ethernet||2 x GbE RJ-45|
|Serial||1 x RJ-45 Type console port for D-1548|
|USB||2 x USB 3.0|
|Local Storage||SATA||2 x M.2 SATA devices|
|System FRU||Power supply||Redundant AC/DC PSU|
|Power input||AC 100 -240 V @ 47-63 Hz, full range|
|Type/Watt||600 W (1+1 redundant, 500 W each)|
|System power consumption||435 Watt (Max.)|
|System Fans||5 x Hot-swappable redundant FAN trays; support reverse and forward airflow|
|Physical||Dimension (W x D x H)||17.32" x 17.56" x 1.73"|
|Operating||0 to 40° C @ 1800m and 85%RH|
|Environment||Storage||- 40 to 70° C @ 3000m and 95%RH|