High Performance IP KVM Extenders
Extio 3, the latest addition to Matrox’s KVM family is the world’s first IP KVM extender to deliver 4Kp60 4:4:4 UHD performance and multi-display capabilities at unprecedented low bitrates. Leveraging a standard Gigabit Ethernet network, Extio 3 works with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) network switches and significantly diminishes the total cost of ownership to deliver a scalable KVM matrix switching solution.
Matrox KVM extenders help to centralize hardware in a climate-controlled server room to increase security, protect systems against environmental hazards, and reduce system noise and heat emissions. The Matrox Extio 3 IP KVM extender grants seamless secure remote access to these secured systems, plus the added benefit of smart control over the IP network. This IP KVM extender is ideally suited for process control, industrial automation, healthcare, transportation, emergency and dispatch centers, military, defence, government, broadcasting and post-production, and many other industries and applications.
- Extend ultra-high resolution desktops (3840×2160 @60Hz) at unprecedented low bitrates with the world’s first 4Kp60 4:4:4 IP KVM extender.
- Support quad-monitor configurations (4x 1920×1080 @60Hz) with a single transmitter and receiver pair, improving operator workflow across an expansive multi-monitor workspace.
- Deliver pristine image quality, smooth video playback, and excellent keyboard and mouse responsiveness at a distance with Matrox-patented technology.
- Deploy as a point-to-point or a networked KVM extender, evolving as needs expand while future-proofing investments.
- Transport signals over copper cabling, or optionally upgrade to multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic support.
- Create a scalable KVM matrix over IP, supporting one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one or many-to-many configurations.
- Configure, manage, and monitor all Extio 3 devices from a central location on the network via Extio Central Manager software.
- Select and instantly switch to systems through the on-screen-display (OSD) an intuitive user interface that features the thumbnail previews of available source systems.
- Create a secure KVM installation through a password-protected environment—Extio 3 encrypts the AV and USB signals to protect the transmitted desktop content and control signals.
- Integrate with Microsoft Active Directory Services for user authentication1.
- Employ Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for efficient remote monitoring.
Ease of Integration
- Leverage existing IT networking equipment and standard Gigabit Ethernet infrastructure for seamless deployment and operations.
- Simplify network management with low bandwidth utilization, as well as boost scalability.
- Guarantee a ready fit into certified systems with plug and play deployment—there is no need to install additional software.
- Optimize rack space with two options for the transmitter unit—either a rack-mountable appliance, or an integrated PCIe® card that takes zero rack space.
- Extend up to four video signals, audio and USB using a single copper or fiber optic cable to reduce cost and simplify deployment.
- Extend systems over standard 1 Gigabit Ethernet—connecting to and controlling systems from any remote location on the IP network—and maximize information flow for improved collaboration and decision making.
- Easily display Extio 3 video streams on a central video wall powered by Matrox Mura IPX Series for effective visualization.
- Make use of the proxy-stream, a secondary video stream compatible with virtually all H.264 decoders—for recording part of the desktop on a network storage device or sharing a screen with other user stations, video walls, and mobile devices.