Latitude Rugged Extreme 12
Flip into action
12'' laptop built for real-world performance and security. Featuring a flip-hinge design for versatility in any environment.
The Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme is the first ruggedized device of its kind to feature a flip-hinge display that seamlessly switches between notebook and tablet. With this kind of versatility, you’ll always have the right tool for the job, no matter what conditions you’re facing.
- Push the limits: For some jobs, you don’t know where the edge is until you’ve already gone over it. That’s why we push to the edge and beyond with a rigorous “test-to-fail” methodology during development and third-party certify our products to meet military standard (MIL-STD) requirements.
- Built with a backbone: This notebook can take some serious punishment, thanks to its rigid magnesium alloy backbone and shock-absorbent ultra-polymer materials.
- Nothing gets under its skin: All entry points are sealed by compression gaskets and a dual-knife-edge design that’s certified for IP-65 protection from sand, dust and liquid.
- Stays cool under pressure: In heated situations, Rugged Extreme doesn’t break a sweat. It’s built to last in extreme temperatures with fourth-generation QuadCool™ thermal management.
Built for the real world
- Great visibility outdoors: In all lighting conditions, you can easily stay focused on your screen. The Direct-View outdoor-readable display is designed to reduce reflections, preserve contrast and conserve battery life.
- Backlit keyboard with stealth: With a customizable RGB backlight, you can switch between red, green, blue and white lighting, allowing the keyboard to remain visible but unobtrusive. A stealth key lets you stay undercover, turning off all lights and sounds with a single touch.
- Resistive multi-touch screen: No matter how rough, dirty or cold your job gets, you can work with or without gloves using the resistive multi-touch screen that responds to finger pressure with fluid response.
Made to go wherever your office is
- Compact design: This 12″ convertible notebook is ideal for tight spaces or situations that require a convenient hand-held device.
- WiFi and broadband options: Stay connected out in the field with 802.11ac WiFi and a dedicated GPS.
- Long battery life: With up to 7 hours of battery life from the standard 4-cell battery, you can keep plugging away without having to plug in.
- Universal docking: Easily switch between vehicles and workspaces with universal docking solutions from Dell and Havis that are compatible with all Latitude Rugged devices.
Performance where it counts
- Rock-solid storage: Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme offers all solid-state storage that’s fast, reliable and easily accessible. Simply open the protective cover and remove your drive when you need to.
- Core strength: Beneath the durable exterior is a powerful 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processor ready to conquer your biggest tasks.
- Multitask like you mean it: Stay on top of critical jobs using the latest productivity tools with up to Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8.1 Pro.
- Extensive device support: Connect the devices you use every day, from the latest USB 3.0 peripherals to legacy devices with a serial port, Ethernet port and an optional PCMCIA reader.
Only Dell offers a complete portfolio of endpoint security solutions for rugged devices.
- Ensure authorized access with a smart card reader, contactless smart card reader, optional fingerprint reader and Dell Data Protection | Security Tools software.
- Encrypt data on virtually any device, across external media and in the cloud with Dell Data Protection | Encryption.
- Identify and protect against advanced threats and zero-day attacks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace — a proactive, real-time solution for malware protection.
- Store credentials securely with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and with Dell ControlVault.
|Product Type||Latitude 7204 Rugged|
|Processor||Intel® Core i7-4650U (Dual Core, 1.70GHz, 4M cache, 15W)|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Professional (64Bit) English|
|Memory||16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory|
|Hard Drive||512GB Mobility Solid State Drive|
|Video Card||Intel Integrated HD Graphics 4400 (i3 and i5 processors) / 5000 (i7 processors)|
|Display||29.5cm (11.6") HD (1366x768) Outdoor-Readable Resistive Touchscreen, Webcam and Mic|
|Warranty||3Yr ProSupport and Next Business Day On-Site Service|
|Ports||2 USB 3.0|
|Native RS-232 Serial Port|
|45 - RJ Network Connector|
|Pogo-Pin Docking Connector|
|Slots||Memory Card Reader|
|ExpressCard 54 mm or PCMCIA|
|M.2 Slots (2 Internal)|
|Security||Steel-reinforced cable lock slot
|Contactless SmartCard reader
|Optional fingerprint reader
|ControlVault™ advanced authentication
|Dell Security Tools
|Dell Data Protection |Encryption
|NIST SP800-147 secure platform
|Dell Backup and Recovery|
|Wireless||Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0 LE Half Mini Card|
|Connectivity||10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet and triple RF-passthough (GPS, mobile broadband and WLAN)|
LAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (802.11ac, dual
band, 2x2, up to 867 Mbps) with Bluetooth® 4.0 + vPro™
broadband: Optional Dell Wireless 5808E multi-mode Gobi™
5000 4G LTE
card (US and Canada only: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Rogers,
Optional Dell Wireless 5570E single-mode HSPA+ card.
|GPS: Optional SiRFstarV™ dedicated GPS and antenna|
|Primary Battery||4-cell (58Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge|
|Power||65W AC adapter; Optional 90W auto/air DC adapter|
|Battery options: 4-cell (58 Whr) lithium-ion battery; Optional 4-cell (51 Whr) long life cycle lithium-ion battery with 3 year warranty|
|Regulatory||Regulatory model: P18T|
|Regulatory type: P18T001 Energy Star 6.0, EPEAT|
|MIL-STD-810G testing: Transit drop (72”,60”,48”; single unit; 78 drops), operating drop (36”), blowing rain, blowing dust, blowing sand, vibration, functional shock, humidity, salt fog, altitude, explosive atmosphere, solar radiation, thermal extremes, thermal shock, freeze/thaw, tactical standby to operational|
|Operating thermal range: -20°F to 145°F (-29°C to 63°C);|
|Non-operating range: -60°F to 160°F (-51°C to 71°C)|
|IEC 60529 ingress protection: IP-65 (dust-tight, protected against pressurized water)|
locations: ANSI/ISA.12.12.01 certification capable4 (Class
I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C,D)
|Electromagnetic interference: MIL-STD-461F certified with compliant power adapter|