2-port EtherCAT Universal PCI Master Card
- 650MHz dual-core ARM processor
- 2 x EtherCAT ports for high-performance of Motion and I/O applications
- Supports common motion SDK for rapid application development
- Up to 32 axes support for motion control
- Supports a maximum of 6 motion groups and 8 axes per group
- Supports on board 8-CH isolated DI and 4-CH isolated DO
- Diagnostics for fast error handling can trace command and error message
The PCI-1203 is a 2-port EtherCAT PCI Universal card. It is a ready-to-use EtherCAT development platform for all PC-based industrial automation. The EtherCAT protocol stack is executed autonomously on the PCI card.
It allows the host to handle up to two EtherCAT networks with extremely short cycle time for Motion and pure I/O applictions. For EtherCAT motion port, communication cycle time is no more than 500 µs for connecting 32 axes of servo motors and for fast I/O ports the cycle time is no more than 200us in a high speed I/O system.. There are 4 – channel isolated digital outputs and 8 – channel isolated inputs on the PCI-1203 to meet the extra high speed I/O requirements. Real-time and high-precision capability are features of PCI-1203. In addition, all Advantech motion controllers use the “Common Motion API” architecture which is a unified user programming interface and graphical utility. This architecture saves application maintenance and upgrades. Programmers can benefit from using any Advantech SoftMotion controller without changing large amounts of the application code. User-friendly examples decrease programming load, helping users complete configuration and diagnosis easily.