Port Powered RS-232/485 Converter
- Extend RS-232 data signals up to 1.2 km (4,000 ft.)
- Change RS-232 TD and RD to RS-485 signals
- Automatic Send Data Control – no software drivers necessary
- Baud rates up to 115.2 kbps
- Powered from RS-232 handshake lines – no power supply required (optionally powered by an external 12 VDC power supply)
These port-powered, two channel converters allow your computer to communicate longer distances by converting TD and RD RS-232 lines to RS-485 signals. RS-485 also provides multi-drop capability.
All converters feature Automatic Send Data Control which enables the driver when data is present on the RS-232 side. Control of the driver is automatic at speeds up to 115.2 kbps.
Converters are powered by the RS-232 port DTR and RTS handshake lines. The unit is powered from the RS-232 data and handshake lines whether the lines are high or low. If the handshake lines are asserted (held High), and no termination is used, the port power efficiency is greatly increased.