Accelerate workloads with a half-height, 2S blade server that offers greater memory bandwidth and double the SSD capacity of prior generations.
Deliver the compute power your demanding applications require with the flexible PowerEdge M630 blade server, a member of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers. Designed for the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure and the PowerEdge VRTX shared infrastructure, the M630 offers exceptional scalability in environments ranging from IT as a service (XaaS) providers and private clouds to remote and branch offices.
Easily scale your workload capacity
- More cores for higher virtualization density: Deliver more, larger and higher-performing virtual machines with help from more cores (up to 44 with two processors) and up to 28 percent greater memory bandwidth than previous generations. The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family offers the processing cycles and threads to help increase virtualization performance.
- Drive applications with more flash: Unleash the workload capacity of your shared infrastructure with up to four 1.8″ SSDs — twice the number of flash drives per blade than previous generations.
- Massive memory capacity: Meet your growing IT demands with ample room for memory expansion in the server’s 24 DIMM slots. Extreme memory density and high-bandwidth DDR4 memory makes the M630 ideal for high-end research and development as well as high-performance computing (HPC). Versatile memory configurations support a wide range of virtualization options and budget requirements.
Tailor your blades to your business
The M630 provides the flexibility to optimize in-server storage and IO performance, allowing you to tailor your servers to your workloads today and adapt as your needs change over time.
- Big IO boost for your applications: The optional 12Gb PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC) offers double the throughput and cache of previous generations and can deliver a significant IO boost for applications. And with up to two Express Flash PCIe SSDs, the M630 can support even the most IOPs-hungry applications like business decision support or real-time data analytics.
- In-server storage options: With a range of drive options to choose from, it’s easy to configure your in-server storage to meet your needs. The M630 supports up to 4 x 1.8″ SSDs or up to 2 x 2.5″ HDDs or Express Flash PCIe SSDs.
- Scalable, flexible networking: Enable rapid access to the storage resources your server or cloud requires — NAS or SAN — with Dell Select Network Adapters. These modular NIC options offer your choice of fabric, speed and vendor, allowing you to pinpoint workload bandwidth requirements.
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Help reduce the cost and complexity of managing blade resources with embedded management and automation features designed to make your job easier.
- Manage your blades as you like with the Dell Chassis Management Controller (CMC) — the single, embedded interface for multi-chassis management included with Dell shared infrastructure platforms. The powerful features of the CMC let you manage your M630 blades individually or collectively in groups, in one or multiple chassis, and in one or more locations in your network.
- Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
- Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It monitors server health, internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
- The Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
- Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors.
- Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
- The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
Accelerate IT service deployment
Streamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Enable the future-ready data center
With exceptional flexibility, reliability and efficiency, our latest-generation blade servers are ready to run business-critical applications in data centers yet to come.
- Adapt with innovative solutions: Be ready for future IT demands with innovative solutions like in-server storage-caching technology that can help your servers access SAN-based media sources more rapidly, allowing you to quickly adapt to increasing demands for services like video and audio streaming.
- Exceptional reliability: Support business-critical workloads with shared-chassis features such as hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and with server features like redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Consolidate your resources with blade and shared infrastructure solutions designed to save space, energy and cost. With efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations, Dell blade and shared infrastructure solutions can help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership.