Enhance performance, boost convergence
Accelerate application performance, convergence and time-to-value for data center or office workloads with manageable, high-density blades.
Enhance IT workload performance
Up to 88 Intel® processor cores and 48 DIMMS of DDR4 memory offer tremendous computational horsepower for heavy-use workloads in exceptionally demanding database, technical computing and virtualized environments.
- Power through compute-intensive workloads with 83 percent more processing cores per socket than previous-generation Intel processors.
- Get results faster from memory-intensive workloads with DDR4 DIMMs offering 28 percent higher MT/s than DDR3.
- Feed your IO-intensive workloads with up to 240Mbits of throughput using 24 x 10GbE ports connected to three redundant, low-latency fabrics.
- Accelerate data-intensive workloads using 12 in-chassis SSDs, with expansion options of up to 25 2.5” HDDs or 72TBs with 3.5” HDDs.
Expedite time to value
Reduce configuration, maintenance, imaging and deployment time and costs by standardizing on a single 4-socket E5-4600v4 platform in existing VRTX or M1000e chassis for remote offices and data centers.
- Protect software-defined compute, storage and networking with Dell Fault Resilient Memory and redundant embedded hypervisor.
- Automate operations with agent-free, 1-to-many systems management tools that pre-provision LAN and SAN resources and assist with BIOS, firmware and driver updates.
- Enable zero-touch discovery and configuration with template-based provisioning.
Converge IT resources
Save expenses with physical and software-defined consolidation that optimizes application delivery using flexibly tailored IT. Meet business objectives by powering critical workloads with converged solutions designed specifically for data center and small-office environments:
- Reduce infrastructure sprawl by converging management modules, switches, power and network cabling, disk enclosures, and feature-dense 4S servers into a single chassis.
- Save floor space, power and cooling costs, and licensing fees by using core-dense M830s to create a software-defined environment from legacy infrastructure.
- Utilize vast local SSD and memory resources to develop software-defined standalone edge networking and DAS storage with VMware VSAN and Virtual Distributed Switch technologies.
Simplify and automate management
Help lower cost and complexity with the embedded management and automation features of the Dell Chassis Management Controller (CMC). Manage blades individually or collectively in groups, in one or multiple chassis, and in one or more locations in your network.
- Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller provides real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It monitors server health, internal parameters and system performance – without requiring agents.
- Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency, and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new PowerEdge system added to the system.
- Additional features include: Zero-touch automated deployment that discovers and auto-configures Dell servers; Automated server updates that synchronize servers to firmware baselines; Tech Support Report that continuously updates health and status.
Enable the future-ready data center
With exceptional flexibility, reliability and efficiency, our latest-generation blade servers are ready to run business-critical applications in data centers yet to come.
- Adapt with innovative solutions: Access SAN-based media sources more rapidly and quickly adapt to increasing demands with Fluid Cache for SAN in-server storage-caching technology.
- Exceptional reliability: Shared-chassis feature hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and servers include redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership with efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations.