Redefining server-based storage flexibility
Boost workload efficiency like never before with unprecedented PowerEdge in-chassis storage flexibility.
Accelerate your workloads
Maximize server-based storage flexibility and performance with the remarkable PowerEdge R730xd, part of the new 13th generation of PowerEdge servers. The R730xd offers an optimal balance of storage utilization, performance and cost with an optional in-server hybrid storage configuration that can support tiering and capacity for up to 28 drives in a 2S/2U system, including up to 18 x 1.8″ SATA SSDs.
Flash storage anywhere, or everywhere: New flash-capable configurations mean fast data access for faster applications performance. Configurations include 1.8″ SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives that enable optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache “hot” data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB1 of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system response for OLTP applications by combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provide efficient, high-performance scale-out storage for IT-as-a-service (XaaS) providers, Big Data (Hadoop) users and co-location hosting by combining traditional hard drives and solid-state flash drives to ensure data is where it’s needed, when it’s needed.
Unified communications and collaboration
The PowerEdge R730xd with improved networking throughput and the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family delivers the performance necessary for your SharePoint, Lync, Exchange and consolidated collaboration environments.
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxes with 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performance with 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environments by directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
The latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, with up to 18 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support today’s diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
Enabling the future-ready data center
Providing ample scale-out capacity with a versatile, multi-terabyte storage footprint, the R730xd delivers among the best cost-per-gigabyte performance in a 2U server. It also provides the availability and efficiency needed to power data centers yet to come, with features including:
- Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors (18 cores max per CPU; 36 total max cores per server)
- 24 DIMM slots supporting up to 1.5TB of memory
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
- Fresh Air 2.0 configurations