Built for speed
Drive large databases, ERP, HPC and other demanding workloads with 4-socket performance, scalable memory and powerful IO.
Concentrated power and capacity
Enhance data center application capacity by expanding your virtual environment using the massive memory footprint, I/O (input/output) options, processing power and flexible fabric choices of the PowerEdge™ R820.
- Peak server performance:Tap the improved, state-of-the-art processing power of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 and E5-4600 v2 product families and hyper-dense, 48-DIMM memory. Built using 22-nanometer process technology with up to twelve cores per processor, the Intel Xeon processor is designed for super-fast performance for compute-intensive tasks.
- Advanced I/O and virtualization: Help enhance your data center performance with the balanced, scalable I/O (input/output) capabilities of the PowerEdge™ R820 that include integrated PCIe Gen3-capable expansion slots.
- Flexible and scalable networking: Tailor your network throughput to match your application needs with features like switch independent partitioning that allow you to take full advantage of your additional I/O performance.
Unleash your most demanding virtualization and scalable database applications with the efficient and easily managed PowerEdge R820 rack server.
- Powerful systems management: Enjoy easy lifecycle manageability with intelligent hardware-driven systems administration, extensive power management and other innovative management tools.
- Improved operational efficiency: Help ensure high-level data center productivity, security and maintenance with next-generation reliability, availability and serviceability (RAS) features throughout the R820’s design.
- Versatile storage capacity and performance: Keep pace with exponential data growth and effectively manage your assets with flexible I/O (input/output) and storage options, including Express Flash PCIe technology in the PowerEdge R820 rack server.
The new generation PowerEdge experience
Make IT the engine for your business success. The newest generation PowerEdge family is engineered with the right combination of features and performance scalability to handle tough workloads for both large and small data center environments.
- Improve operational efficiency with enhanced systems management: Streamline operations and help boost productivity to get the most out of every dollar spent. Manage your Dell PowerEdge servers in complex IT environments by automating the most essential server lifecycle management tasks: deploy, update, monitor and maintain.
- Global Services and Support: Dell Services can help reduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. The Dell Services team takes a holistic view of your needs and designs solutions for your environment and business objectives while using established delivery methods, local talent and in-depth domain knowledge to help lower your total cost of ownership.