Superb performance and cost effectiveness for mainstream databases, virtualization and VDI.
Optimize application performance for dense virtualization or scale out 4-socket workloads using the R830’s impressive resources.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v4 architecture
- 80% increase in computational power over R820
- Up to 3TB DDR4 memory in 48 DIMMs
- Up to 16 SSDs or traditional HDDs, well suited for data-intensive workloads
With a familiar 2U rack form factor, the R830 is an ideal foundational server for mainstream data centers.
Workload-centric adaptability and flexibility
Performing various compute-intensive, memory-bound or I/O-centric workloads, the R830 can readily adapt to any applicaiton. Whether it is Oracle RAC or Microsoft® SQL Server®, the available resources can be fine-tuned to maximize application performance, and PCIe SSD cards can be added to significantly increase I/O and boost CPU utilization. Moreover, the redundant embedded hypervisors help ensure a fail-safe virtual environments. The R830 server offers all the assets needed to:
- Significantly consolidate servers while increasing overall performance
- Build out test and development environments using the affordability of a 2U rack server
- Easily scale performance to meet future, unknown demands
Simplify and automate management
Efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments with PowerEdge embedded server intelligence – integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller and OpenManage Essentials. OpenManage automates the most frequently performed server management tasks agent-free – including deployment, updates, monitoring and maintenance – regardless of the installed OS or hypervisor.
- Ensure fast problem resolution with the proactive and automated support of Dell Support Assist.
- Return to production in minutes with Dell Easy Restore that restores configurations after a board replacement.
- Leverage existing Microsoft, VMware and BMC consoles with iDRAC8 integration.