No longer AvailableThis product has been superseded.
Click here to view the replacement product.
Built for speed
Drive large databases, ERP, HPC and other demanding workloads with 4-socket performance, scalable memory and powerful IO.
Unleash scalable performance
Perform more transactions in less time with the massive memory footprint and tremendous caching capacity of the PowerEdge R920, the most powerful rack server in the PowerEdge portfolio. It introduces to the PowerEdge lineup the next generation of Intel® Xeon® processor E7 v2 product family, which combines up to 15 cores per processor with a large memory capacity, high-performing threads and hardware-based advanced reliability features designed to:
- Process and analyze large amounts of data in real time
- Deliver real-time business intelligence
- Drive faster decision making
- Increase productivity and profitability
The PowerEdge R920 enables you to boost business-application effectiveness, deliver exceptional database performance and efficiently consolidate workloads with large-scale virtualization. The 4-socket, 4U server, with built-in expandability, allows you to grow easily and quickly with:
- 96 DIMM slots (up to 6TB1 RAM) for in-memory databases and large-scale virtualization
- Up to 10 PCIe Gen3/Gen2 slots to create a highly flexible infrastructure and permit large enterprise SAN environments
- Up to 24 internal drives (4- to 24-drive options) with fast 12Gbps SAS HDDs and up to eight Express Flash SSDs for tiered, high-speed data access
As a powerful server for large enterprises, the R920 supports centralized business applications, such as customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) with critical databases, and can even provide consolidation of these performance-sensitive applications using large-scale virtualization. It is ideal for mission-critical environments where performance, expandability and reliability are indispensable.
Expand IO capabilities
Gain up to 100 percent more IOPS performance than previous-generation PowerEdge servers with the H730P PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC), a high-performance RAID controller for direct-attached storage (DAS). Taking full advantage of 12Gbps SAS throughput, this PERC enables workload-optimized performance, with RAID6 and RAID60 as standard features. Agentless management through iDRAC7 enables PERC configuration, deployment, updating and monitoring through a simple GUI or command line interface.
The R920 optionally supports a dual-PERC configuration, which enables more flexible PERC usage, for example, dedicating the highest IO requirements to one PERC that leverages higher performance SSDs while the other PERC can control lower-priority workloads using the HDD storage.
Keep your data center running in top condition with the enhanced reliability features of the PowerEdge R920, including:
- Intel Run Sure technology that helps improve system diagnostic and predictive failure analysis to reduce service costs and increase system uptime
- Dell Fault Resilient Memory that provides a protected hypervisor memory zone for VMware environments and Dual SD redundant hypervisor for highly available failsafe virtualization
- Redundant hot-plug power supply units and fans
Managing R920 servers is simplified with intelligent, hardware-driven management that features:
- Extensive power management
- Integration into virtual consoles
- Automation for parts replacement