Precision R7910 Workstation
Ideas need great workstations
2U rack workstation ideal for secure remote users or multiple users in a virtualized environment. With up to 18 cores per CPU and four video cards.
Peak performance and scalability
- Dual Intel® Xeon® processors: Power through the most complex, demanding applications more quickly with a new generation of dual-socket performance with the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 processor series featuring up to 18 cores per processor.
- Powerful graphics and memory: The latest NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™ graphics deliver the big muscle you need to run the most demanding software applications with up to 675W maximum power. New Quadro and FirePro graphics offer larger dedicated graphics memory for your large data sets. System memory is expandable up to 1TB using the latest DDR4 RDIMM memory technology.
- High-performance controllers: The Precision Rack 7910 comes with an optional 12 Gb/s RAID Controller, doubling the I/O speed of our previous generation Workstation.
Discover the Precision Rack 7910
Watch our experts guide you through the Precision Rack 7910
Certified for seamless reliability
ISV (Independent Software Vendor) certification means that the Precision Workstations you purchase are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. ISV certification is the result of precise engineering and rigorous testing to optimize performance and reliability to run leading industry applications for engineering, manufacturing, media, entertainment, healthcare, life sciences, oil, gas, economics and financial services. Dell ISV-certified applications cover the most popular independent software applications including:
- Dassault Systèmes including CATIA, and SolidWorks
- Autodesk Product Design Suite including Inventor® and AutoCAD, 3D CAD, Revit®, 3ds Max®, Maya® and more.
- Adobe Creative Cloud® including Premiere Pro CC and After Effects® CC
- PTC including PTC Creo and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0
- Siemens including Solid Edge, Tecnomatix and NX
Maximize reliability with Reliable Memory Technology (RMT)
Dell’s exclusive, patented Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) helps maximize uptime and ensure that your Workstations work as hard as you do. RMT works in conjunction with error-correcting code (ECC) memory to detect and correct memory errors in real time. RMT makes memory errors virtually nonexistent so that the bad memory is never revisited again and the DIMM can still be used. With a simple system reboot, RMT isolates the defective area in memory and hides it from the OS.
- Traditional drives, solid-state speeds: With optional Intel CAS-W software solutions, you can enable I/O speeds close to that of solid-state drive configurations at the price of traditional drives. Intel CAS-W provides a better user experience, with up to 3.6x higher frame rate in Adobe After Effects® 2015 and up to 70% increased frame rates in AutoCAD® 2015.
- Optional PCIe SATA/SAS RAID controller: Reduce the time spent loading or saving large data sets with software- or hardware-based RAID controllers for your hard drive, available on all Precision Workstations.
- Quick Resource Locator (QRL): Model-specific QR codes located on the system allow you to quickly access detailed how-tos and troubleshoot hardware from your smartphone.
Flexible deployment for 1:1 or 1:many computing
- For maximum performance, deploy the Precision Rack 7910 as a 1:1 Workstation solution using the optional Wyse P25 and P45 Zero clients. This solution uses Teradici Tera 2 hardware-based compression and the PCoIP protocol for remote connectivity, providing a superb, responsive Workstation experience.
- For virtualized Citrix or VMware environments, you can extend your productivity and security benefits by pairing select NVIDIA Quadro graphics cards for a GPU-pass through that serves up to 4 users, or NVIDIA GRID cards for a truly virtualized graphics approach that serves large number of users in a scalable fashion.
Security is a big part of Precision Workstations performance
- Precision™ Workstations feature best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source.
- DDP | Encryption protects your data across all endpoints, including external media, self-encrypting drives and in public cloud storage.4
- DDP | Security Tools (DDP | ST) is an end-to-end security solution included with all Precision, Latitude and OptiPlex systems. DDP | ST offers advanced authentication options to help you keep unauthorized users out of your data and out of your business.
- DDP | Protected Workspace takes a new approach to malware prevention. It is designed to protect your data and users from all untrusted content — even advanced persistent threats (APTs) and zero-day exploits.
|Product Type||Precision Rack R7910 XL|
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609 v3 (6C, 10MB Cache, 1.9GHz)|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Professional (64Bit Windows 8.1 License, Media)- English, French, German, Dutch, Italian|
|Memory||8G 2133MHz DDR4 (2x4GB) RDIMM ECC|
|Hard Drive||500GB 2.5inch Serial ATA (7.200 Rpm) Hard Drive|
|Video Card||Nvidia NVS 310, 1GB, 2 DP (1 DP to SL-DVI adapter)|
|Security Software||McAfee Security Center 30 day trial, Digital Delivery|
|Services and Support||3Yr ProSupport and Next Business Day On-Site Service|
|Optical Drive||DVD ROM, SATA, INTERNAL|
|Form Factor||Dell Precison Rack 7910 CTO base|
|XL Feature||Technical Specification|
|Processor (Class 1)||Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2695 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2680 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2667 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2650 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2643 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2640 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2620 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2609 v3|
|Operating Systems||Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate for Embedded (32-Bit or 64-Bit)|
|Genuine Windows® 7 Professional for Embedded (32-Bit or 64-Bit)|
|Windows® 8.1 Pro (64-Bit)|
|Genuine Windows® 7 Professional (64-Bit)|
|Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.0|
|Ubuntu 12.04 SP1 Linux|
|Chipset (Class 1)||Intel® C612Chipset|
|Graphics Options (Class 2)||Support for up to two double wide PCI Express® x16 Gen 2 or Gen 3 cards up to 600W [some restrictions apply:|
|High end 3D cards:||Mid-range 3D cards:||Entry 3D cards:||Professional 2D cards:|
|NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000||AMD FirePro™ W5100||NVIDIA Quadro K620||NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310 (not ISV certified)|
|NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200||NVIDIA Quadro K4200|
|Nvidia GRID K2(A)||NVIDIA Quadro K2200|
|GPU GPGPU MCC Compute||One or two NVIDIA Tesla® K20C Computing Processors (GPGPU)|
|Intel 3120A Coprocessor (S & P in select regions)|
|Class 1: Locked||Components locked down for Product Lifecycle||Components:|
|OEM XL Processors|
|System boards (PN's)|
|Class 2: Managed||Components managements throughout the lifecycle, minimum 6-month change notification||Components:|
|BIOS, iDRAC and USC|
|CPU and Chipset Stepping|
|On-board Storage controller HW|
|On-board NIC HW|
|Class 3: Monitored||Components follow the Dell Standard refresh cycle||Components:|
|Subcomponents not considered Class 1 or Class 2|
|Chassis and mechanical changes|
|Vendor Part revision level|