Precision T7910 Workstation
Ideas need great workstations
Dell’s most powerful and scalable workstation with dual Intel® processors. Up to four graphics cards and optional RAID for up to eight hard drives.
- Dual Intel® Xeon® processors: Power through the most complex, demanding applications more quickly with a new generation of dual-socket performance with the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 processor series featuring up to 18 cores per processor. The Precision Tower 7910 performs up to 4.5x faster than previous generations for computationally intensive workloads like rendering, simulation and analysis whilst the new liquid cooling options can improve system acoustics by up to 38%
- Powerful graphics and memory: The latest NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™ graphics deliver the big muscle you need to run the most demanding software applications. New Quadro and FirePro graphics offer larger dedicated graphics memory for your large data sets. System memory is expandable up to 1TB using the latest DDR4 RDIMM memory technology.
- High-performance storage: The Precision Tower 7910 comes with an integrated 12 Gb/s RAID Controller, doubling the I/O speed of our previous generation Workstation.
Certified for seamless reliability
ISV (Independent Software Vendor) certification means that the Precision Workstations you purchase are tested to ensure the high-performance applications you rely on every day run smoothly. ISV certification is the result of precise engineering and rigorous testing to optimize performance and reliability to run leading industry applications for engineering, manufacturing, media, entertainment, healthcare, life sciences, oil, gas, economics and financial services. Dell ISV-certified applications cover the most popular independent software applications including:
- Dassault Systèmes including CATIA and SolidWorks
- Autodesk Product Design Suite including Inventor® and AutoCAD, 3D CAD and Revit®.
- Adobe Creative Cloud® including Premiere Pro CC and After Effects® CC
- PTC including PTC Creo and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0
- Siemens including Solid Edge, Tecnomatix and NX
Improve productivity with Precision Optimizer
Different applications have different system requirements. Let the new Precision Optimizer take the guesswork out of customizing settings by automatically adjusting Intel® Hyper-Threading, number of CPU cores, graphics and power settings. Free with your Precision5, the Precision Optimizer automatically tunes your Workstation to run specific programs at the fastest speeds possible, enhancing productivity. Our engineers have created profiles specifically for the applications you use, minimizing the need to customize settings according to each application.
Precision Optimizer works with some of the most popular Independent Software Vendor (ISV)-certified applications. It can generate real-time performance reports for processor, storage, memory and graphics utilization, as well as send a system report to IT for analysis. Connect to Dell.com through the Optimizer for easy identification of component upgrades.
Maximize reliability with Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro
Dell’s exclusive, patented Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro helps maximize uptime and ensure that your Workstations work as hard as you do. Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro works in conjunction with error-correcting code (ECC) memory to detect and correct memory errors in real time. Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro makes memory errors virtually nonexistent so that the bad memory is never revisited again and the DIMM can still be used. With a simple system reboot, Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro isolates the defective area in memory and hides it from the OS.
Built for work: Front accessible hard drives and an externally removable power supply on the innovative chassis design provide outstanding access to internal components for easy maintenance or upgrades.
Security is a big part of Precision performance
- Precision™ Workstations feature best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source.
- DDP | Encryption protects your data across all endpoints, including external media, self-encrypting drives and in public cloud storage.6
- DDP | Security Tools (DDP | ST) is an end-to-end security solution included with all Precision, Latitude and OptiPlex systems. DDP | ST offers advanced authentication options to help you keep unauthorized users out of your data and out of your business.
- DDP | Protected Workspace takes a new approach to malware prevention. It is designed to protect your data and users from all untrusted content — even advanced persistent threats (APTs) and zero-day exploits.
- Easy updates: Update once and update everywhere with Dell-unique Intel® vPro™ extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are offline.
- Dell Client Command Suite: By building unique management capabilities into Precision Workstations, Dell Client Command Suite provides free automation tools that help automate and streamline system deployment, monitoring and updating in complex IT environments.
- Best-in-class integration: Our automation tools work with all management consoles and integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Systems Center 2012, allowing 77% fewer steps to import drivers.
Optimized for productivity
Access your Workstation from anywhere with Teradici PCoIP® Workstation Access Software. Without any additional hardware, you can completely manage your machine in a “lights out” environment as if you were right there.
Use any Teradici PCoIP® enabled device to remotely connect to your Workstation for maximum mobility without sacrificing performance or security. Quick to install and easy to maintain, Teradici PCoIP® uses the most secure remote display technology to provide unmatched user experience over networks. It also offers zero client compatibility and supports dual displays for maximum options for mobile professionals .
- Traditional drives, solid-state speeds: With optional Intel CAS-W software solutions, you can enable I/O speeds close to that of solid-state drive configurations at the storage and price of traditional drives. Intel CAS-W provides a better user experience, with up to 3.6x higher frame rate in Adobe After Effects® 2015 and up to 70% increased frame rates in AutoCAD® 2015.
- Optional PCIe SATA/SAS RAID controller: Reduce the time spent loading or saving large data sets with software- or hardware-based RAID controllers for your hard drive, available on all Precision Workstations.
- Quick Resource Locator (QRL): Model-specific QR codes located on the system allow you to quickly access detailed how-tos and troubleshoot hardware from your smartphone.
|Product Type||Precision Tower 7910 XL|
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2623 v3 (4C, 3.0GHz, 10M, 105W)|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Professional (64Bit Windows 8.1 License, Media)- English, French, German, Dutch, Italian|
|Productivity Software||Microsoft® Office Trial, MUI|
|Security Software||McAfee Security Center 30 Day Trial|
|Memory||8G 2133MHz DDR4 (2x4GB) RDIMM ECC|
|Hard Drive||500GB 3.5inch Serial ATA (7,200 Rpm) Hard Drive|
|Video Card||Nvidia NVS 310, 1GB, 2 DP (1 DP to SL-DVI adapter)|
|Display||Display Not Included|
|Optical Drive||8x DVD-/+RW Slimline|
|3 USB 2.0|
|8 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s|
|2 SATA 6GB/s for optical drives|
|3 USB 2.0|
|3 USB 3.0|
|Slots||5 Slots, all Full length except Slot y|
|2 PCIe x16 Gen 3 (plus 2 additional PCIe x16 Gen 3 with second processor Option)|
|PCIe x16 Gen 3 wired x4 external (Slot 1)|
|PCIe x16 Gen 2 wired x4|
|1 PCI 32 bit/33MHz|
|Dimensions||HxWxD: 16.95 x 8.50 x 20.67"; 438 x 216 x 545mm|
|Sound Card||Not Selected in this Configuration|
|Keyboard||UK/Irish (QWERTY) Dell KB212-B QuietKey USB Keyboard Black|
|Mouse||Dell Optical (Not Wireless), Scroll USB (3 buttons scroll) Black Mouse|
|Regulatory||Regulatory Model: P29F, Regulatory Type: P29F001, EPEAT Registered. For specific country participation and rating, please see www.epeat.net. BFR/PVC free|
|XL Feature||Technical Specification|
|Processor (Class 1)||Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2697 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2695 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2680 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2667 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2650 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2643 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2640 v3; Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2620 v3|
|Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2609 v3|
|Operating Systems||Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate for Embedded (32-Bit or 64-Bit)|
|Genuine Windows® 7 Professional for Embedded (32-Bit or 64-Bit)|
|Windows® 8.1 Pro (64-Bit)|
|Genuine Windows® 7 Professional (64-Bit)|
|Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.0|
|Ubuntu 12.04 SP1 Linux|
|Chipset (Class 1)||Intel® C612Chipset|
|Graphics Options (Class 2)||Support for up to four PCI Express® x16 Gen 2 or Gen 3 cards up to 675W total for graphics (restrictions apply)|
|High end 3D cards:||Mid-range 3D cards:||Entry 3D cards:||Professional 2D cards:|
|NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000||AMD FirePro™ W7100||AMD FirePro 4100||NVIDIA Quadro NVS 510|
|NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200||AMD FirePro™ W5100||AMD FirePro 2100||NVIDIA Quadro NVS 315|
|NVIDIA Quadro K4200||NVIDIA Quadro K620||NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310|
|NVIDIA Quadro K2200||NVIDIA Quadro K420|
|GPU GPGPU MCC Compute||One or two NVIDIA Tesla® K20C Computing Processors (GPGPU)|
|Intel 3120A Coprocessor (S & P in select regions)|
|Class 1: Locked||Components locked down for Product Lifecycle||Components:|
|OEM XL Processors|
|System boards (PN's)|
|Class 2: Managed||Components managements throughout the lifecycle, minimum 6-month change notification||Components:|
|BIOS, iDRAC and USC|
|CPU and Chipset Stepping|
|On-board Storage controller HW|
|On-board NIC HW|
|Class 3: Monitored||Components follow the Dell Standard refresh cycle||Components:|
|Subcomponents not considered Class 1 or Class 2|
|Chassis and mechanical changes|
|Vendor Part revision level|