ECA has deep connections to the manufacturing industry, having supported a number of both local and national manufacturers in need of integrated solutions. Under pressure to reduce operational costs, streamline practises and improve production times; ECA strategically positions itself to promote collaboration in what is already a highly ambitious industry.
As we enter the 4th industrial revolution (or Industry 4.0 as it’s also known), manufacturing trends are shifting towards a greater focus on the results that can now be achieved with technological innovation and advancement. Smart factories sit at the heart of Industry 4.0 as digitization begins to form the foundations of the manufacturing sector. It’s direct applications are driven by 6 principles that are pushing the supply chain into a new era:
- Decentralization – the intelligence of cyber-physical systems and their ability to make decisions on their own.
- Interoperability – the ability and function of cyber-physical systems.
- Modularity – the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Real-time capability – collecting and analysing data to provide immediate insight.
- Service orientation – offering services via connected devices and systems.
- Virtualization – linking sensor data with virtual models.
The supply chain is evolving as much as the technology that supports it, however it remains important to focus on what areas your business wants to improve on. By working together, ECA can design and build a tailored solution that can achieve those operational efficiency requirements. We can leverage our own experience in the industry to help you innovate new ways of working and grow your business.
Only 48% of manufacturers consider themselves ready for the advances that come with Industry 4.0. Join the growing number of leading manufacturers and get on the front line of technology with ECA.